We know that programming is one of those subjects that tends to make complete beginners panic, but with patience and dedication, a good understanding of any one of these five programming languages will give you a marketable edge when we want a position in the cyber security world .
While it would be impossible for any one person to fill all the roles that make an effective cyber team, we should have few concepts absolutely clear and they are :-
• It is important for all professionals to have a general knowledge of computer technology.
• This general knowledge is invaluable in understanding the threats you may come into contact with during your career.
• Cyber attacks are not limited to any one type and range from social engineering attacks to SQL injections.
• As a cyber professional it is important for you to recognize both the causes and symptoms of whatever threat we face. Consequently, while employers may not require that you know how to code, having coding knowledge can really give you an advantage on the job.
• Coding knowledge can give us the insight we need to recognize what a piece of software is doing, and even if it’s malicious code or not.
• This is why so many cybersecurity educational programs recognize the necessity of programming and introduce their students to at least an introductory course.
Some other basic concepts that we need to be aware of are :-
1. No one programming language will provide a comprehensive understanding of every application-level and hardware weakness.
2. For instance, an understanding of C can enable you to spot buffer overflow vulnerabilities in systems software.
3. Familiarity with Perl can assist you in testing applications for errors.
5. And knowing SQL will help you prevent Structured Query Language injection (SQLi) attacks, a specific type of cyber attack that allows an attacker to manipulate SQL statements and penetrate a secure, SQL based database.
Why learning programming is important for cyber security?
If we Simply put, it makes you better at your job. Understand programming helps cyber security experts examine software and discover security vulnerabilities, detect malicious codes, and execute tasks that involve analytical skills in cyber security.Corporations are vulnerable to cyber attacks, but individuals are targets too, often because they store personal information on their mobile phones and use insecure public networks.
Tracking evolving and increasing cyber attacks is key to better cyber security. As cyber security professionals work to increase their knowledge of threats and cyber security information, earning an online cyber security master’s degree can be invaluable, having a background in programming and coding can surely give the individual a better edge.
Among the many sources to choose from, PurpleTutor an Ed-tech company can help the child fulfil his /her dreams .Becoming a programmer in the future will not seem only a dream . What we as a team promise is interesting and interactive live online coding classes with the child facilitated by certified computer science teachers.
We teach coding to the young budding generation(Age 6-16). If you wish to witness yourself how this experience can be fruitful for your child in being future ready and for you to be a responsible parent. Book a slot for your child with our one hour free trial https://study.purpletutor.com/signup?source=TW and read more about us on https://purpletutor.com/ .
Remember the time when teachers taught us lessons and asked us to picture things in our mind. We as young children would imagine a picture in our minds, but not all minds think alike and that is where the difference in thought processing and one being more capable than…
Programming languages have been around for a very long time, and consistently sees the launch of a new language. Python would be the best coding language to learn for 8–10 old kids as it is not too complex. Python is considered one of the most popular and in-demand programming languages…
Parents who are having this question in their minds should first know, what the business industries are looking for, and what is the importance of learning to code? If you can understand the importance of coding, then you will get your answer to the question.
N o, coding is not so tough whereas not so easy. It depends on the programmer and the logical and creative thinking level of the learner. The difficulty level to learn coding techniques will vary around several factors. …
Today children are growing up as first citizens of the digital world. Therefore, it’s very important for them to learn coding from an early age,learning how to code can help your child for a lifetime of success. It is good to offer coding to children at an early age…
W e are presently living in a technological world, and learning to code at a young age is significant because at a young age, learning how to code can help your child for a lifetime of success. It is good to offer coding to children at an early age. …